Bike Trailers for Carrying Kids and Cargo
Just because your children are too young to ride bikes of their own doesn’t mean you need to give up your bike. Instead, you can attach a lightweight trailer to your bike to safely bring your kids along on your rides. The utility of bike trailers doesn’t end at carrying children, either. Cargo trailers allow you to carry nearly anything you can imagine on your bike, opening up the possibility to use your bike for grocery shopping and more.
Children’s Bike Trailers
Many parents love having a trailer to carry their children along on bike rides. With a kids’ stroller on your bike, you can start a tradition of family bike rides or even ride your kids to school as part of your bike commute. While all child bike trailers will allow you to ride with your kids, there are important features to consider when it comes to choosing between models:
- Number of Seats - If you have multiple small children, you’ll need a bike stroller with multiple seats. There is a huge selection of trailers with two seats, although finding a trailer with three or more seats can be significantly more difficult.
- Harness - The harness system inside your child trailer is responsible for keeping your son or daughter safely within the trailer. High-quality trailers have a harness system that allows your child to recline – perfect for taking a mid-ride nap – and some models allow you to remove the seat and harness for cleaning.
- Storage - Every parent knows that keeping a child entertained – even in the middle of a bike ride – can be difficult. That’s why many child trailers offer storage compartments for children’s toys, snacks, and necessities like extra nappies. It’s also worthwhile to opt for a trailer with storage space for your own stuff, since carrying a backpack while towing a trailer can be exhausting.
- Shade and Ventilation - Keeping your child shaded and cool during hot summer rides is extremely important to their safety and comfort, which is why most kids’ strollers offer sunshades and mesh side panels for ventilation. Check whether these panels are removable, since converting to an open-air trailer can be nice for your child in more moderate weather conditions.
Cargo Trailers for Groceries and More
- Adding a cargo trailer to your bike can vastly increase your carrying capacity beyond anything you could achieve with panniers and handlebar bags. With a cargo trailer, you can easily load up your bike with groceries or anything else you buy from the store. When choosing a cargo trailer, consider whether the trailer is compatible with accessory gear bags that can help to keep your items organised or insulated.
Bike Trailers at addnature.co.uk
- Most bike shops carry a very limited number of bike trailers. But here at addnature.co.uk, we have a wide selection of child carriers and cargo trailers, plus trailer accessories like lights, gear bags, and more that you can use to outfit your new trailer. Even better, we offer flexible shipping options and 100-day returns on all our trailers and accessories.