E-Touring Bikes151 Products
E-touring bikes: Supporting you in the great outdoors
With the latest generation of e-touring bikes on the scene, bike tours which were previously unimaginable are now possible! A compact and often very well-integrated electric drive from Bosch, Yamaha or other manufacturers delivers a lot of extra power for every kick on the pedals. As a rule, the efficiency of the electric drive can be regulated during the journey. And when the battery needs recharging, it is very easy to remove and charge it at the nearest outlet – regardless of whether the battery is attached to the luggage carrier or the frame. One can typically expect a comprehensive set of lights, quality shifting system, mudguards, and tour optimised seating position. Disc brakes are a clear mark of quality on every e-touring bike....Continue reading
We all know cycling is a wonderful way to get around town, commute to work or explore the countryside. E-touring bikes let you do all that without arriving to your destinationwith matted hair and damp clothing, no matter if it’s around the corner or on the other side of the continent. These modern machines are quickly gaining popularity around the world as a faster and easier way to get exercise and spend more time outdoors. Whatever type of e-bike you’re looking for, we can help you find the perfect model to fit your needs.
Why choose an e-touring bike?
Touring bikes are extremely versatile. Sure, they’re perfect for longer, multi-day trips out of town, but they’re also great for urban riding and running errands. And if you aren’t sure if an e-bike is right for you, here are just a few of the many reasons that people around the world are making the switch to electric:
- You can gradually build up your fitness level without feeling overwhelmed.
- You can cover more distance with less effort – this is especially good for multi-day, out-of-town touring.
- You’ll arrive at your destination with more energy to explore.
- You don’t have to wear pro-cycling gear while riding, making an e-touring bike perfect for commuting to work or shopping as well as for touring.
- You can keep pace with faster cyclists.
- Older, or lessstrong riders are still able to fully enjoy cycling
- You don’t have to worry about climbing steep hills or wind.
- You can feel great about taking care of both your body and the environment.
A little more about e-bikes
E-bikes come with a wide variety of features and functions. Let’s have a look at some of the differenttypes of bikes, motors and batteries that you’ll want to consider when shopping for your bike:
- Class One E-Bikes, also known as pedal-assist bikes and pedelecs. These e-bikes use a motorto assist the rider while pedaling, with the assistance helping the rider get up to 16 mph/25kmh, at which point it cuts out, leaving you to power the bike yourself.
- Class Three E-Bikes: These bikes assist up to 28mph/45kmh. They often have extra safety requirements but are useful in higher-speed traffic. Please note that in some countries these are classified as a motorcycles rather than bicycles.
- Mid-Drive Motors: Mid-drive motors are located at the bike’s crankset. They arequieter than hub-drive motors, offer a natural feel and are great for climbing hills. Their positioning makes fixing flat tires easier than with a hub-drive motor. When considering a mid-drive motor, keep in mind that they have more parts that can break and can be more expensive than hub-drivemotors.
- Hub-Drive Motors: When located in the front, these motors will pull you along, andwhen in the back, you may notice a pushing sensation. We recommend hub-drive motors for those wanting to try a motorised bike for the first time.
- Batteries: When choosing a battery, the most important factor to consider is its energy storage capacity, measured in watt hours. The greater the watthours, the longer your battery can go without being charged. The best place for a battery is along the seat tube, the lower centre of gravity making the bike easier to handle and resulting in a sleeker look.
A host of touring-ready features
A touring bike needs to meet the demands of bicycle touring. First and foremost, this means being able to carry luggage. Thankfully, almost every e-touring bike available comes equipped with a rear luggage rack, enabling you to attach panniers to it to effortlessly carry your clothing and camping gear. The e-motor makes it even easier to carry heavier loads, so longer days in the saddle are a breeze. Secondly, having an inbuilt lighting system is also a huge plus, meaning wherever you go and however late you or early you ride, you know you’ll never be at risk of not seeing where you’re going (or others seeing you). Together with the great range of gears, powerful disc brakes and a comfortable saddle/handlebar set up, you can be sure that most modern e-touring bikes are comfortable enough for much longer rides.
Where to buy e-touring bikes?
If you are ready to take the world by the handlebars, decrease your carbon footprint and get yourself fit in the process, you can browse a wide range of e-bikes for sale, along with e-bike parts at bikester.co.uk.
We offer free shipping on orders over £99, hassle-free returns and great customer service. Risk disappointment at your local store and shop with us today.