Continental: The future in motion
With more than 140 years of experience and a production site in Germany, Continental is definitely unique. The company has an ultimate goal: to bring safety to the streets without compromising riding comfort or pleasure. All bicycle tyres undergo rigorous testing before release and feature cutting-edge technology; so you know you can 100% rely on them – whatever the weather and in all conditions....Continue reading
The History of Continental
Founded in Hannover back in 1871, the experts at Continental have been creating bicycle tyres of excellence for nearly 150 years! They were the very first in Germany to begin the production of pneumatic tyres back in 1892 and have since become one of the world’s largest producers of bike tyres (and a household name to boot).
No matter what bike you ride or weather conditions you face, Continental has an exceptional-quality tyre for you. Their collection includes:
- Versatile MTB clinchers and folding tyres with excellent puncture resistance ad maximum stability
- Speedy road clincher, folding and tubular tyres with low-rolling resistance
- Easy rolling yet grippy gravel/cyclocross clinchers and folding tyres
- Reliable city and touring clinchers and folding tyres with high-quality puncture protection
- Durable e-bike clincher and folding tyres for e-city and e-mountain bikes
- Puncture-protected children’s bikes and trailer tyres that offer great traction
- Anti-skid and weight-optimised winter tyres, specialised options and hometrainer tyres with high wear-resistance
- Various handy tyre accessories including valve extensions, rim tape and tubular kits
Continental Inner Tubes
Continental’s selection of inner tubes offers riders the ideal model for their needs. Regardless of tyre dimensions and purpose, the tyre experts will have the perfect size, type, valve type and width for you. Continental’s inner tube range all offer different advantages and disadvantages, and can be broken down into the following categories:
- Available in the standard dimensions
- A great all rounder for daily demands
Light & Supersonic
- Noticeable weight optimisation and rolling resistance
- Enhanced risk of puncturing because of thinner walls
- The all-round worry-free option
- An improved compound makes for a more compact, lighter version
- Minimal loss of air pressure
- Enhanced butyl content and greater wall thickness improves puncture protection and air retention
- Equipped with the highest levels of puncture protection and retains air longer – making it a favourite of bike rental outlets
- Extra strong and bulky
- Effectively protects against puncture with thicker walls
Freeride & Downhill
Continental Innovation & Technology
Although Continental is well known for its illustrious history, wide range of tyres, inner tubes and accessories, the company is also greatly admired for its innovative technology. Check out just a few of their clever tech features below:
Continental’s BlackChili Compound is a unique tread rubber mixture that improves rolling resistance by 26%, provides 30% higher friction value (meaning more grip) and offers a 5% increase in mileage compared to activated silica compounds. Premium tyres with BlackChili Compound provide a constant ride from the first to the last kilometre.
Vectran is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fibre from a natural model. It offers enormous tear resistance at a very low weight, meaning it has exactly the right properties required for an effective puncture protection insert.
Conti’s Tubeless Ready tyres can be used with and without an inner tube. All that’s required to go tubeless is a special sealing milk.