Vaude - The Spirit of Mountain SportsVaude has been producing high quality outdoor equipment and clothing since it was first established in 1974. The family-run company are proud to offer top-grade products that bear their "Made in Germany" quality seal. Vaude is also committed to environmentally sound production methods and has worked to strict environmental bluesign® standards since 2001. Although Vaude’s roots lie in mountain sports, their high-tech wind and waterproof bike clothing has impressed many cyclists – keeping them warm and dry on long rides.
Performance Styles with Wool
The finest Merino wool naturally offers bikers excellent functional properties. It has a climacteric effect on the body, i.e. it warms when it’s cold outside – but also cools when it’s warm.
By integrating 3M™ Scotchlite™ reflective material, visibility becomes an integral part of VAUDE's functional clothing. Wide reflective stripes on the front, back and sides of jackets, trousers and accessories highlight the human silhouette in low light conditions, offering 360 ° visibility and superb safety.
VAUDE - online shop Bikester.co.uk
VAUDE is more than ‘just’ a producer of mountain and bike sports equipment. The company was borne from a deep-rooted passion for mountaineering and a firm belief in treating people and the environment with respect. Founded in 1974 by Albrecht von Dewitz, the company is now known as Europe’s eco-friendly supplier of outdoor products – committed to protecting the environment and using fair and sustainable manufacturing practices. Their environmental partners involve DAV, WWF and Fairwear and they work under exacting bluesign standards.
For 40 years now, VAUDE has produced innovative and reliable outdoor clothing, shoes, backpacks, tents, sleeping bags and accessories for mountaineering, hiking, mountain biking and road cycling.
VAUDE cycling & outdoor clothing
VAUDE’s selection of bike and leisure clothing is huge. From men and women’s feature-packed bike pants cut with freedom of movement in mind, to rainproof, softshell jackets and windbreakers that keep the elements at bay whilst cycling or hiking.
Other products include the very latest in cycling shoes for all riding disciplines, comfortable leisure wear (including performance tees and long-sleeved tops) and even kids’ jerseys, jackets and trousers that are perfect for mini adventurers.
VAUDE bike accessories
It’s not just VAUDE’s range of sports clothing that’s extensive; they also have you covered when it comes to outdoor and cycling accessories:
- VAUDE handlebar, frame, seatpost and saddle bags all offer handy storage options complete with easy click-in mounting systems
- VAUDE tents, sleeping bags and inflatable mats ensure comfortable nights’ sleep on your next bikepacking trip
- VAUDE bottles and bottle cages ensure you’re hydrated in the saddle and off the bike
- VAUDE rucksacks and bags have your back covered on tour
- VAUDE sports nutrition keeps you going harder for longer
VAUDE’s range of outdoor and bike accessories is made from the most ecologically and technologically advanced fabrics available on the market today. They also provide a guarantee and repair service, which adds to the longevity of all of their items.
VAUDE technology & materials
VAUDE is proud to offer products made from a variety of eco-friendly materials. These include:
- Backpacks made from a recycled plastic bottle material
- Men & women’s t-shirts, socks, Parkas and pants made from warming yet breathable Merino wool
- Vests and pullovers dyed with energy-saving colours
- Footwear, jacket and pants that feature PTFE-free and sustainable membranes
- Winter boots and bike shoes constructed from certified, cruelty-free leather
- Coats, capris, shorts and more – all featuring environmentally-friendly water-resistance treatments